- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Belgian Waffles Recipe Video
|Active dry yeast||1 Ounce (1 package)|
|Milk||24 Ounce, warm (110 degrees F)|
|Egg yolk||3 Ounce (about 4 each)|
|Egg white||3 Ounce (about 4 each)|
|Butter||8 Ounce, melted and cooled to room temperature (3/4 cup)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce (1/2 cup)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||22 Ounce (4 cups)|
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.6 mg66.9%
Sodium 424 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in 2 ounces of the warm milk (110 Degree F). Allow to stand for about 5 to 10 minutes until foamy.
2) In an electric mixer, whisk the egg yolks, 2 ounces of the warm milk, and melted butter together. Then combine the yeast mixture, salt, and vanilla extract.
3) Then combine in the remaining warm milk and the flour alternatively.
4) Make a soft peak meringue with the egg whites and the granulated sugar. Clean out the electric mixer bowl and the whip attachment with a little bit of vinegar.
5) Add the egg whites and begin whipping on medium to medium high. When the egg whites become frothy slowly add in the granulated sugar. Continue whipping until soft peaks form.
6) Fold the meringue into the batter and cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
7) Cook the waffles using a waffle iron.
8) Top the waffles with strawberries, chocolate, sugar, honey, syrups, ice cream, or pieces of other fruits and serve.