- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beets Sweet and Sour Recipe Video
|Beet||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled and cubed|
|Black mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened coconut||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 74 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.1 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven, add in the mustards and let them crack.
2. Pour in the canola oil, jalapeno and onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add in beet, turmeric, salt and water. Stir and cover the pot cook for 15 minutes. Stir in between.
4. Add in the coconut, lemon juice and cilantro, stir again.
5. Serve Sweet and Sour Beet with chapatti.