- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beets Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt||1 Pinch (for seasoning)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (for seasoning)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely (for garnishing)|
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 309.3 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, peel the skin of the beet, cut into half, slice and chop the halves into small pieces.
2. In a pot on high heat, boil water, add the chopped beats and boil it again for 6 minutes on medium high heat.
3. Drain the water completely in a cup and keep it aside.
4. In a heated pan, spray olive oil, add garlic and the boiled beets. Stir fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Season the beats with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Pour in 1/4 cup of the beets water, saved earlier and fry for another 5 minutes. Switch off the gas.
7. Plate the stir fried beets garnished with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice.