- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beetroot Wine Recipe
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (Madeira One)|
|Yeast nutrient||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5930 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1089 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1513 g504.5%
Dietary Fiber 47.5 g190%
Sugars 1451.8 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 263.6%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 73.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash beetroot and dice.
2. In a saucepan, put together beet roots, clove, ginger and water; boil until beetroot is just tender; do not over boil.
3. Using a cheesecloth, strain mixture to extract juice.
4. In a bowl, mix together juice, sugar, lemon juice and remaining water.
5. Let the liquid cool down and when sugar is dissolved, add yeast and nutrient.
6. Cover bowl tightly and let stand in a warm place for 3 days; stir daily.
7. Into a darkened jar, straining with a muslin cloth, pour the liquids and seal with airtight lids; if darkened jar is not available, cover jar with a black cloth to prevent discoloration of wine
8. Let ferment until wine is clear.
9. Rack wine into another glass bottle.
10. Into a wine glass, pour beetroot wine and enjoy.