- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beetroot and Potato Medley Recipe
|Baby beetroot||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|New potatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Natural low fat yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.9 mg
Sodium 1361.4 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g57%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 87.7%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Brush the beetroot with a little oil and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer is easily insertable into the beetroot. Allow to cool a little, then remove the skins.
3. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain. Reserve the potatoes until cool. Dice evenly.
4. Cut the cucumber into cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Chop the beetroot into small cubes and add to the bowl with the reserved potatoes. Gently mix the vegetables together.
5. Mix together the vinegar and yogurt and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and combine gently.
6. Arrange on a bed of salad leaves garnished with the snipped chives and serve.