- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beetroot and Feta Cheese Tarte Tatin Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry||1 Packet|
|Feta cheese||100 Gram|
|Spring onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 809 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg11.9%
Sodium 767.3 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start off by preheating oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Peel the beetroot and chop into bite-sized chunks.
3. Crumble the feta cheese and chop your spring onions finely.
4. Heat a pan and drop the butter and olive oil in it.
5. Once the oil and butter is sizzling, add in the beetroot, enough to cover the bottom of the pan but not come up the sides, and mix well to coat in the hot fat.
6. Pour in the vinegar and the sugar. Stir well and simmer slightly to reduce down into a rich syrup.
7. Cover the pan with foil and then place into the preheated oven for about 30 or 40 minutes, until the beetroot is tender.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let stand for a few minutes and then drape the puff pastry over the top, tucking any excess into the sides.
9. Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, until the pastry is a rich golden brown.
10. Once done, remove the pan with the tarte tatin from the oven.
11. Allow to rest for a few minutes before running a spatula or knife around the edge, just to ensure no pastry is stuck to the side of the pan.
12. Place a plate or board on top and flip the pan in one motion.
13. Remove the pan, decorate with the feta cheese and chopped spring onions and enjoy immediately.