- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beetnut Dressing Recipe
|Chopped beets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rejuvelac/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 224.9 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a seed grinder or in a small mortar, add the caraway seeds and use the pestle to crush the seeds to release the aroma.
2. In a blender or food processor jar, combine the chopped beets, carrot juice, rejuvelac or water, oil, lemon juice, kelp and tamari
3. Pulse in bursts 3 or 4 times until all ingredients are well blended
4. Add all of the crushed caraway seeds, dill and the sunflower seeds a little at a time, pulsing in short bursts so that they are well blended into the liquid.
5. Pour this gorgeously pink flavorful dressing over your salad or combine with cool yogurt.
6. You can pour the dressing into a jar with a tight fitting screw on lid and store in the refrigerator until required.
7. Make sure to shake the jar before using the dressing.