- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Spinach, Beet and Walnut Salad Recipe Video
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Sherry vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil/Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Belgian endives||50 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Baby arugula||6 Ounce|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.5 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the stem and root end of the beets and boil in a pot for 20 minutes.
2. Take out the beets from the pot and let it chill. Slice the beets and set aside.
3. In a bowl add in the shallots, sherry vinegar, walnut oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Into the bowl add in the Belgian endive and arugula and toss.
5. Plate the salad, top with beets and walnuts. Serve with toasted crostini with soft goat cheese.