- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beet Relish Recipe
|Beets||6 , boiled, cooled and peeled (good-sized)|
|White cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered horseradish||2 Tablespoon (Spice Island)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1276 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1075.9 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g97.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.2 g104.8%
Sugars 265 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, grate the cooked beetroots and mix in the horseradish.
2) In a saucepan, boil together vinegar and sugar.
3) Place the beet mixture in a sterilized jar and pour the vinegar mixture over it.
4) Allow the vinegar mixture to cool, stir with a small spoon to escape air bubbles if any
5) Seal with sterilized lid.
6) Leave it aside for 2 week to incorporate the flavours.
7) Serve as desired