- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beet Relish Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked beets||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced small|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 980 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2826.6 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 229 g76.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.7%
Sugars 201.3 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a basin, combine the flour, sugar and seasonings.
2. Place the basin over a saucepan or simmering water or double boiler.
3. Add the vinegar to the dry ingredients, stirring constantly to blend well and form a thick sauce.
4. Cook the sauce, stirring until it is thick and bubbly.
5. Add the beets, celery and onion to the sauce, heat thorough and take of the heat.
6. Allow the mixture to cool.
7. Serve the relish warm or cold as an accompaniment.