- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beet and Herb Salad Recipe Video
|Shallot||1 Medium, mince|
|Balsamic vinaigrette||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Herbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Parsley, chives and tarragon)|
|Beet||1 Medium, boiled and peeled|
Calories 1793 Calories from Fat 1667
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g277.6%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 525.9 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, add the shallot and balsamic vinaigrette. Then gradually whisk in the extra virgin olive oil.
2) Season with the salt to taste.
3) Thinly slice the beet and place over a plate.
4) Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the herbs and pour over the dressing.
5) Toss well and place the herbs over the sliced beet and pour over some dressing if required.
6) Serve as a appetizer.