- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Stew Recipe
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Inch Pieces)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Or 3 Small)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.5 mg
Sodium 1026.3 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 52.4%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart casserole dish, place the cooking bag.
2) Add the beef, broth, beer, sugar, caraway, salt and pepper in the bag, turn to mix well.
3) Pull up the bag around the beef and twist to close 3-inch from top, then wrap ends around the closure and make six 1/2-inch slits on top of the bag.
4) Cook in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes.
5) Add the onions and peas into the bag, close again and cook in the microwave for 18 to 20 minutes or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
6) Gently open the bag and turn the sides down.
7) Stir in the flour and water mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the stew is slightly thickened.
8) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.