- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Griddlecakes With Pilgrim Syrup Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg20.3%
Sodium 602.1 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 57.2 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.3% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the syrup for the pancakes, combine sugar and beer in a saucepan.
2. Boil for about 2 minutes on a low flame stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Slide in the butter and stir. Keep aside until ready to serve.
4. To make the batter, into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Beat egg with oil and molasses and add to dry ingredients.
6. Tip in the beer and stir lightly, just until blended to make a slightly thick and lumpy batter.
7. Heat a griddle, lightly greased with fat or spray
8. Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter and spread with back of spoon to about 4 inches for each griddle cake.
9. Brown pancakes on each side for 3-4 minutes turning with a pancake flipper.
10. Stack 2-3 pancakes on each serving plate and drizzle with warm syrup.