- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Root Beer Glazed Oven Baked Barbeque Ribs & Grilled St. Louis Style BBQ Ribs Recipe Video
|Baby back ribs||3 Pound (1 1/2 pound each, 2 slabs)|
|For the wet rub|
|All purpose seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond)|
|Liquid smoke||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Hickory or Mesquite)|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lager beer||36 Ounce, divided (2-3-(12 ounce) bottle)|
|Root beer soda||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|For the basting of ribs on the grill|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Root beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48 mg16%
Sodium 640.9 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needgrill
1. Preheat oven between 300 degrees.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Rinse and pat dry the ribs; remove the skin of membrane if any with a paring knife.
4. In a bowl combine grand diamond all-purpose seasoning, liquid smoke, mustard powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and light brown sugar and mix well.
5. Evenly rub the rib slabs with the marinade between both the slabs.
6. Cut one slab of ribs into half and place both the ribs bone-side facing down on separate baking sheet.
7. Pour ½ cup of lager beer in one tray and pour ½ cup of root beer in the other.
8. Bake for about 2½ to 3½ hours turning the ribs over every 30 to 35 minutes.
9. Making sure that at least a cup of the beer or root beer remains in the bottom of the pan as it will slow evaporate during the cooking process.
10. In a small bowl combine apple cider vinegar and root beer, this is the marinade for ribs on the grill.
11. The remaining slab of ribs place it on the grill with the meat side down, brush the marinade over the ribs every 20-25 minutes.
12. Serve the ribs along with a nice bourbon barbeque sauce on the side.
For best results, marinate the ribs for at least 2 to 4 hours or overnight.