- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Crushed red chilies||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Dark beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2198 Calories from Fat 1292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.2%
Saturated Fat 90.2 g451.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 476.2 mg
Sodium 2380.3 mg99.2%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 97 g193.1%
Vitamin A 103.7% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 268.7% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small fry pan, melt butter.
2. Add flour and cook on a low flame, while whisking continuously. Ensure flour doesn-€™t change colour. Remove and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat milk. Once ready to boil, reduce flame and add salt, pepper, chillies and garlic. Mix well and simmer for few minutes.
4. Add flour butter mixture and mix well. Cook on a low flame till sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
5. Add cheese and beer and mix well. Stir till cheese melts and remove off flame.
6. Serve soup warm in individual soup bowls. (You may reheat soup but ensure you don-€™t boil it).