- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Cheese Bread With Raisins Recipe
|Raisins||5 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, finely shredded|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.1 mg
Sodium 607.8 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 39.3 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 0.91%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a saucepan, cover the raisins with beer and heat on a low flame until it begins to simmer.
4. Take the pan off the heat, cover and raisins soak in the beer for 10 minutes.
5. In the mean time, in a dry mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and soda and salt.
6. Stir in the sugar and cheese.
Blend the egg and oil in a separate bowl.
7. Add the egg mixture along with beer and raisin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir quickly until well blended into a smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place on the middle level of the preheated oven
Let the bread bake for almost 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the bread.
9. Remove from the oven and turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Slice and serve the bread with main course or enjoy it for breakfast.