- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Butt Chicken Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 Medium|
|Beer||1⁄2 Can (5 oz) (Dr. Pepper or any other of your choice)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g102.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.8 mg75.9%
Sodium 476.4 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.73%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 47 g93.7%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Fit the beer can, in the can holder.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and place a can holder in the centre.
4. In a plate, place the chicken and rub well with butter.
5. Rub garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper all over and inside the chicken.
6. Tuck the tail inside the chicken cavity and place the chicken over the beer can.
7. Tuck the wings off the chicken.
8. Bake the chicken for about 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
9. Serve the chicken hot as desired.