- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Braised Loin of Pork Recipe
|Pork loin roast||5 Pound (1 roast)|
|Onions||3 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled, diced|
|Dark beer||10 Ounce (1 bottle or can)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 226.8 mg
Sodium 662.7 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 77 g154%
Vitamin A 189.9% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a kettle or Dutch oven, add the pork loin and brown it well. Take the pork out of the pan.
3) Add in the onions and carrots and saute in the pork drippings till it turns soft.
4) Add in the dark beer, salt, pepper, bay leaf and whole cloves. Add in the browned pork into the mixture. Mix well and cover.
5) Transfer the kettle to the oven and braise the pork for about 2 hours. When the pork can be easily pierced with a fork, it is done.
6) Transfer only the pork onto the serving platter and keep warm.
7) Transfer the liquid from the kettle into a large bowl. Remove the fat from the surface and also the bay leaf.
8) In a blender, blend the vegetables along with the liquid on low into a smooth sauce.
9) Heat the smooth sauce in a saucepan, bringing it to a boil. Stir often.
10) You may add a little gravy colouring, if desired.
11) Slice the pork while serving. Pour the sauce over the pork slices.