- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Brisket Braised in Beer Recipe Video
|Beef brisket||3 Pound|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1059 Calories from Fat 691
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.2%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.3 mg77.1%
Sodium 1436.5 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 67 g134.8%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix kosher salt, pepper, paprika and cumin together.
2. On a tray, place beef brisket, and drizzle olive oil over it. Spread the oil all over.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over the beef evenly on all sides.
4. Place a pan over heat and put the beef piece fat-side down in it. Turn and cook.
5. Take the beef piece from pan and allow it to rest for a while.
6. Pour olive oil in the pan along with the beef fat, and add onion to it. Sprinkle salt, and sauté until it becomes tender.
7. Then, add garlic, bay leaf, and tomato paste in it. Mix well.
8. Stir in beer, move the onions in a side and place the beef brisket back in it.
9. Add a little bit of beef stock, if required, so that the liquid comes half way up the meat.
10. Cover it with a lid and place it in oven at 325 degree for 5 hours.
11. Place beef brisket on a plate, garnish with something parsley, and serve hot.