- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Battered Halibut Sandwich with Coleslaw Recipe Video
|Halibut fillet||1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Burger buns||2 , cut into half, toasted|
|For cole slaw|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||2 , peeled, shredded|
|Radicchio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Low fat mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|For beer batter|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Oatmeal Strout)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dredging the fillets)|
|Parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1697 Calories from Fat 536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg29.7%
Sodium 4268.9 mg177.9%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 42.4 g
Protein 49 g97.2%
Vitamin A 214.3% Vitamin C 31.5%
Calcium 145.6% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. COLESLAW: In a bowl, mix low fat mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
2. Add the vegetables to this mixture and mix well till all are well combined.
3. Cover and put in the refrigerator till used.
4. BEER BATTER: In another bowl, add 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper and old bay seasoning.
5. Pour beer and whisk to form a thick batter. Cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
6. In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, heat oil.
7. Pat dry the halibut fillet. Dredge it in the flour and roll it in the beer batter to coat fully.
8. Put it carefully in the hot oil and cook till the fish is done and crispy.
9. SANDWICH: On the lower slice of the bun, spread the cole slaw generously.
10. Place the fried fish on it and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, put the top slice to form a sandwich.
11. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with fries or chips or tortilla chips and a refreshing beverage of choice.