- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Batter Fried Veggies N Things Recipe
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion soup mix||1 Packet (1 envelope Lipton Golden Onion soup mix)|
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 440.4 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare oil for frying, in a large frying pan or deep fat fryer, heat 3 inches oil to 375°F
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. To this add the soup mix and stir to combine.
3. Add the eggs and mustard to the dry ingredients and use a wire whisk to beat eggs into the flour.
4. Pour in the beer and whisk to a smooth batter.
5. Allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes.
6. In this batter, dip Suggested Veggies 'n Things or any other item like fish, chicken etc.
7. Drop the batter coated items into the hot oil and fry till crispy and golden brown.
8. Remove onto paper towels and allow the excess oil to be absorbed.
9. Place the fritters on a platter and serve warm with a dip, sauce or salsa of your choice.