- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Batter For Fritters Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fruit/Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared for fritters|
|Deep fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1560 Calories from Fat 925
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.6%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.7 mg
Sodium 476.7 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 44% Iron 40.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep fat fryer or frying pan, heat 3 to 4 inches of fat to 375°F
2. Into a large mixing bowl, measure and sift together the flour and baking powder
3. Add egg, beer and oil and whisk until blended.
4. Dip prepared food items for frying in the batter and drop in hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown on all sides.
6. Remove onto absorbent paper to drain excess fat.
7. Serve fritters immediately while hot and crispy along with dipping sauces.