- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beer Batter Apple Fritters Recipe Video
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|De-alcoholized beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melt|
|Orange||1 , zested, juiced|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cortland apples||3 , dice|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (for dusting)|
Calories 1774 Calories from Fat 881
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.4%
Saturated Fat 33.8 g169%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 279.6 mg93.2%
Sodium 891.8 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.3%
Sugars 114.9 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 42.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Keep it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine beer, egg, butter, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla. Whisk well.
3. Pour egg mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
4. Fold in apples. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
5. Take a deep sided heavy bottom pan, place it on medium high, and heat oil until it reads 375 degree.
6. Carefully drop heaping tablespoon of batter in oil, and fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Line a tray with paper towel, and transfer the fried fritters on it.
8. Dust icing sugar on top of hot fritters.
9. Serve fritters with vanilla ice cream.
While frying oil temperature may drop, so wait for a couple of minutes in between batches and reheat it back to 375 degrees.