- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Beef Stroganoff Recipe Video
|Sirloin||2 1⁄2 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Button mushroom||2⁄3 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||1⁄3 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1911 Calories from Fat 1046
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g179.2%
Saturated Fat 44.3 g221.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 404.8 mg
Sodium 629.4 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 161 g322.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 70.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat half of the olive oil in large sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and add the sirloin cubes. Sauté until all sides are browned about 6 minutes. Remove and place with the sautéed mushrooms.
4. Add the onion to the sauté pan. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and all-purpose flour.
6. Stir in the red wine and beef broth.
7. Add back the sautéed mushrooms and beef. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Add the egg noodles and cook covered on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until the egg noodles are al dente.
9. In bowl whisk together heavy cream and a smaller amount of the sauce from pan. Stir back into the sauté pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/