- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Swiss brown mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (stalks removed)|
|Lean beef rump||2⁄3 Pound, strips|
|Beef stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Paprika||4 Teaspoon, smoked|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (low fat)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced (brown)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped (for garnish)|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.3 mg
Sodium 525.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 179.7% Vitamin C 50.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick frying pan, spray with a cooking spray, saute the onions and mushrooms until softened.
2) Then add the beef and paprika and stir to mix all the ingredients together.
3) Pour in the beef stock and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until the beef is cooked through and the sauce starts to thicken.
4) Finally, stir in the tomato paste and sour cream, allow to just warm up.
5) Garnish the beef stroganoff with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped cilantro and serve with cooked white rice.