- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Beer Shepard's Pie Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||75 Gram, slices|
|Mushroom||150 Gram, cut into halves|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Bacon strips||2 , chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 , minced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Steak sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.3 mg
Sodium 521.5 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 2% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a skillet, heat oil. Add mushrooms and onion, saute them for 5 minutes. Transfer to another dish, set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add beef and bacon. Cook until the beef turns brown, drain the released fat, if any.
4. Add garlic, onion, celery, carrot,red bell pepper, tomato, thyme, rosemary, oregano,steak sauce, dijon mustard and mix.
5. Add beef broth and beer. Allow the liquid to reduce for about 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Transfer to a baking dish. Evenly top the onion mixture and spread a uniform layer of garlic mashed potato.
7. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
8. To prepare sauce, in the same skillet, pour beer, add flour and salt, cook on high heat for few minutes, stir and scrape occasionally.
9. On a plate, place a wedge of the pie, drizzle lightly with beer sauce. Garnish with tomato and cilantro and serve.