- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Artichokes Recipe
|Lean chuck steak||1 Kilogram, cut into cubes|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Peeled)|
|Red wine||8 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jerusalem artichokes||750 Gram, blanched and scraped, cut into chunks|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.5 mg
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 56 g111.7%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour over the wine and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours (not more than 24).
3. Heat the oil and fry the remaining garlic, halved, with the cumin.
4. Strain the meat and add to pan, reserving marinade.
5. Seal the meat over a high heat, then transfer to a flameproof casserole.
6. Add the artichokes and marinade, cover and simmer for 1 hour.