- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef with Dumplings Recipe
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lean beef chuck||2 Pound|
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled|
|Carrots||4 , peeled and cut into strips lengthways|
|Beef consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||3 Tablespoon|
|Biscuit mix||1 Pound (1 Package)|
Calories 2358 Calories from Fat 942
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.5%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.3 mg
Sodium 2323.8 mg96.8%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g82.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g77.8%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 102 g204.1%
Vitamin A 427.3% Vitamin C 72.5%
Calcium 79.2% Iron 107.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With salt and pepper, sift the flour. Cut the meat neatly into cubes measuring 1-inch each. Dredge properly with the flour.
3) In a casserole, heat the oil and add the onions (each stuck with a clove) and meat. Stir till the meat is browned properly and add the consommé, vinegar and carrots. Bring mixture to a boil, cover the casserole and move it to the oven.
4) Cook in preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
5) As per the instructions given on the package, prepare the dumplings and drop them in spoonfuls into the casserole. Put the lid back and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
6) Serve hot after sprinkling with chives.
A really good accompaniment to the preparation is spinach, which has been cooked and chopped, with some sauted mushrooms and a pinch of nutmeg.