- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef With Cashew Nuts Recipe
|Lean steak filet||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped, peeled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Roasted unsalted cashew nuts||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Celery sticks||3 , diagonally sliced|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg12.2%
Sodium 437.5 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thinly slice the fillet steak. Discard fat, if any.
2) In a bowl, combine soy sauce, dry sherry, 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil, the water, corn flour, seasoning and ginger. Place the steak into the bowl.
3) Cover with a lid and marinate inside refrigerator for minimum 20 minutes.
4) In a deep wok or a heavy frying pan, add remaining sesame oil to heat up.
5) Quickly stir-fry the strips of steak by removing from marinade for 2 minutes, to brown and sealed on the outside. Reserve the marinade.
6) Transfer in a plate from the wok.
7) Place garlic, cashew nuts and celery in the wok or frying pan.
8) Quickly stir-fry by keeping the heat medium for 2-3 minutes.
9) Place the steak back into the wok, along with the reserved marinade.
10) Combine thoroughly with the cashew nuts and celery.
11) Cook over high heat to thicken the sauce by continuous stirring.
12) In a warm serving dish, transfer the mixture and immediately serve with boiled rice or noodles.