- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef with Broccoli Recipe
|Boneless steak||1 Pound (Thin Strips)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Broccoli flowerets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted (As Required)|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 601 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 42.6% Vitamin C 111.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an oblong baking dish, heat the oil in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Stir in the beef, garlic and ginger, then cook in the microwave for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, stirring twice.
3) Stir in the broccoli, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, stirring once.
4) Stir in the cornstarch blended with broth, sherry and soy sauce.
5) Cook in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is thickened, stirring once.
6) Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.