- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef And Broccoli With Soy Sesame Sauce Recipe
|Boneless steak||375 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Broccoli flowerets||375 Milliliter|
|Beef broth||125 Milliliter|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter|
|Sesame seeds||30 Milliliter, toasted|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 275.4 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 97.5%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, blend the cornstarch with broth, sherry, and soy sauce until it forms a smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. In an 8-inch microwaveable square dish, pour the oil.
3. In the microwave, heat the oil for 2 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the beef, garlic and ginger.
5. In the microwave, cook for 4-5 minutes at High, stirring twice.
6. Next, add the broccoli.
7. In the microwave, cover with a plastic wrap and cook for 4-6 minutes at High, until the broccoli is crisp tender.
8. Add the broth mixture to this.
9. In the microwave, cook again for 3-4 minutes at High, till the sauce is thickened, stirring once.
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.