- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Wellingtons HD Recipe Video
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and finely diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon, divided (2 tbsp. for the mushrooms and remaining for beef)|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Filet mignon||16 Ounce (4 filets)|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Phyllo dough sheets||24 , Defrosted|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 1184 Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.7%
Saturated Fat 37.4 g187.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191 mg
Sodium 807.9 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A 36.3% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F. Grease a baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil and cook the mushrooms until tender.
3. Add the red wine and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Followed by the green onion to the mushrooms.
4. Season with the thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and let cool thoroughly.
6. Season the filet mignon heavily with salt and pepper on both sides.
7. Heat up the remaining extra virgin olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
8. Place the filets into the hot skillet and sear for 3 minutes, turning once.
9. On a flat surface, lay out the phyllo dough, butter each sheet thoroughly with melted butter and then stack them on top of each other. Cut into quarters, for each Wellington.
10. Place 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture in the center of each portion; spread mixture to diameter of each steak. Place steaks on mushroom mixture and top the filet with more mushrooms. Bring together all 4 corners of the phyllo dough; twist tightly to close. Lightly butter the outside and place on a prepared baking tray.
11. Bake for 9 – 10 minutes at 425 degrees F or until golden brown.
12. Take out the wellington from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
13. Serve Beef Wellington with red wine.