- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Wellington with Mushroom Duxelle and Compote Recipe Video
|For beef wellington|
|Beef tenderloin||1 Pound, cut into approx. 2 ounce portions, seared|
|Mushroom pate/Duck pate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , for wash|
|For mushroom duxelle|
|Domestic white mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Herbs||1 Tablespoon (Parsley, thyme and rosemary)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple and cranberry compote|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brie cheese||250 Gram|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.1%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.9 mg79.3%
Sodium 767.7 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.2%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 55 g109.3%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
To make Mushroom Duxelle:
2. In a sauté pan on a medium to high heat, add a oil to your pan with garlic and shallots.
3. Caramelize and add mushrooms and white wine.
4. Cook the mixture until all liquid is gone approximately 10 minutes.
5. Pour into food processor and pulse until finely chopped, adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
To make Beef Wellington:
6. Cut filet into smaller cubes and brown them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil.
7. In the centre of puff pastry place 1 piece of browned filet and top with small amount of duxelle and pate.
8. Brush edges of puff pastry with egg wash and fold corners to the centre to warp filet.
9. Brush with egg wash and place in oven to cook about 15 minutes or until golden brown and pastry is cooked through.
10. Serve with garnish if desired to accompany a glass of wine.
APPLE AND CRANBERRY COMPOTE
1. Dice apples and add into a sauce pan along with dry cranberries, sugar, brandy and water and reduce to a syrupy consistency
2. Coat brie cheese with flour, egg wash and toasted pecans.
3. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 5 minutes.
4. Place on a serving plate, spread the cooked apple and cranberries and serve.