- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Wellington Recipe
|Beef fillet||1 Kilogram (You Need A Middle Piece, Not A Tail End)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry||500 Gram|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Shallots||500 Gram, finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||500 Gram, finely chopped|
|Salted butter||200 Gram|
|Truffle oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1871 Calories from Fat 1277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g219.5%
Saturated Fat 52.3 g261.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325.4 mg
Sodium 768 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 67 g134.5%
Vitamin A 56% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the duxelles mixture, in a heavy bottomed skillet, on a low flame, sauté shallots and mushrooms in butter for 1 hour
2. Flavor mixture with a drop of truffle oil.
3. Cool and chill until required.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C
5. Sprinkle generously crushed black pepper on both sides of beef fillet.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil over high flame.
7. When oil is smoking, sear beef on both sides.
8. Remove and cool on a platter.
9. Coat beef with duxelles mixture on both sides.
10. On a flour dusted work surface, roll out pastry into a rectangle.
11. Place beef in the centre of one half.
12. Fold the pastry over the beef and seal at the other edge damping pastry with water to stick.
13. Trim off excess pastry and crimp the edges
14. Use extra pastry to make flower or leaf to decorate the top.
15. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
16. Place on a baking sheet.
17. Bake Wellington in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until pastry is golden brown and beef is cooked.
18. Use a metal skewer or meat thermometer to check if beef is hot and tender.
19. Remove from the oven and rest for 15 minutes.
20. Slice the Wellington using a steak knife.
21. Arrange on a platter.
22. Serve with potato mash, horseradish sauce and mustards of your choice.