- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Tournedoes with Foie Gras and Red Wine Reduction Recipe Video
|Red wine||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Low sodium beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chop|
|Beef fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef tenderloin||800 Gram|
|Foie gras||500 Gram|
|Season salt||1 Pinch|
|Pepper red||1 Pinch|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 394.6 mg
Sodium 245.9 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.16%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 389% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 115.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt the beef fat on a hot skillet and then add the chopped shallots and onion and sauté them for few minutes.
2. Add the red wine and let it come to a boil, now add the stock and let the sauce reduce for 30 minute.
3. While the sauce is cooking you can start cutting the beef tenderloin into 8 pieces, once done pound the meat pieces with your hand and flatten the meat. Keep it aside until needed.
4. Start cutting the foie gras into slices with the help of a sharp warm knife.
5. Check on the sauce and once it is reduced you can add the salt and pepper. The sauce consistency has to be thick and smooth.
6. Season the beef tenderloin with season salt and pepper, on a large pan pour some oil and start searing the beef tenderloin for a minute on each side.
7. Once done remove and sear the foie gras on both sides.
8. Place the meat on a serving plate and top it with foi gras and pour a spoon full of sauce over it.
9. Serve the Beef Tournedoes with Foie Gras along with a glass of red wine