- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Cheddar Tacos Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Taco shells||12 , fully cooked|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Shredded lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh chopped tomato||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Diced avocado||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.2%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 96.1 mg
Sodium 565.6 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 27 g53%
Vitamin A 58.1% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 1-quart casserole, crumble the ground beef and add the chopped onions.
2) Cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, stir once until the beef changes colour.
3) Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and garlic salt, then cover the casserole with a paper towel.
4) Cook in the microwave for 6 to 7 minutes or until the sauce is thick and smooth.
5) Spoon the beef mixture into the taco shells.
6) In a straight-sided glass dish, place and stand the tacos upright.
7) Cover with a wax paper and cook in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
8) Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately with the lettuce, tomato and avocado.