- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef-Stuffed Peppers from Rosalie Serving Country Cookbook Recipe Video
|For the filling:|
|Sirloin meat||1 Pound, ground|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Green pepper||4 Medium, halved|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chop|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chop|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.3 mg
Sodium 1019.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 237.2%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 73.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Clean and core the green peppers, cut them in half, mince the garlic and keep it aside.
2. Chop the onions and celery and keep it separate until needed.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
4. In a large bowl mix the ground meat, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt, black pepper, garlic and beaten eggs.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and stuff the meat filling in the green pepper.
6. In a pan pour some olive oil and place the stuffed green peppers, fry them 4 minutes on each side.
7. Once they are evenly browned, place them in a baking dish.
8. In the same pan sauté the onions and celery, add the sugar, salt, ground pepper, diced tomatoes and the chicken stock. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
9. Once done pour the sauce over the stuffed green pepper, cover the baking dish with foil and bake it for 30 minutes.
10. Serve the stuffed green peppers along with brown rice.