- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
|Minced beef||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and grated|
|Green peppers||4 Large, halved and pith and seeds removed|
|Cheese sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 104 mg
Sodium 609.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 121.3% Vitamin C 252.7%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil water and blanch peppers in it for 5 minutes.
2) Drain the water and keep aside.
3) In a wok heat oil. Fry beef and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and continue to mix well.
4) To it add stock and seasoning. Bring the mixture to boil.
5) Add fresh carrots; cook covered on simmering heat for 30 minutes.
6) For the cheese sauce, in a saucepan heat butter and stir in flour for 1 minute.
7) Add milk gently and continue stirring.
8) Boil the mixture and simmer till the sauce thickens.
9) Blend in mustard, cheese and seasoning.
10) Halve pepper and fill with beef mixture. Place it in a foil dish and pour cheese sauce around it.
11) French bread or soft rolls is a great combination with this dish.
Seal the content in an airtight container for future use. Refrigerate it for future use. Before serving, preheat oven and bake the contents for 40 minutes at 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5. Take away the foil lid and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.