- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
|Green peppers||4 Large|
|Patna rice||8 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1265 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 54.3 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 24 g47.9%
Vitamin A 112% Vitamin C 1047.2%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the peppers and cut them into half lengthwise.
2) Discard the seeds and membranes.
3) Take the rice and cook in boiling water.
4) Drain the rice and wash properly.
5) Mix the cooked rice with parsley, marjoram or thyme, lemon juice, half oil, salt and pepper.
6) Stuff the peppers with this mixture and place the peppers in a baking dish.
7) Pour the remaining oil into the baking dish and cover with foil.
8) Bake the peppers for 1 hour at 325°F, 170°C, Gas Mark 3.
9) Arrange on a platter or on individual plates and serve warm.
Minced meat can also be used for stuffing the peppers.