- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simmered Beef Stroganoff Recipe
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Large, halved|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, partially frozen|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 796.2 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice onion and mushrooms.
2. Take an electric skillet, place on moderate heat, 350°F.
3. Add sliced onion and mushroom and sauté to soft.
4. Transfer to a large dish and keep aside.
5. Slice meat and divide into three equal portions.
6. Add to skillet, one portion at a time and allow to turn brown on high heat of 420°F. Drain fat, if desired.
7. Add the meat and vegetables along with seasoning and water.
8. With lid vent closed, cover and allow the mixture to simmer for 45 minutes or till meat turns tender.
9. Mix flour in water to a smooth mixture.
10. Add to meat mixture, stir well and allow to cook for 2 minutes to thicken sauce.
11. Lower the temperature to 150°F.
12. Mix in sour cream just before serving.
13. Pour on hot noodles and serve.