- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stroganoff With Nutmeg And Basil Recipe
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rump/Fillet steak||2 Pound, cut into strips|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260.4 mg
Sodium 397.8 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 54 g108.8%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 67.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan, melt butter, and fry onion until tender.
2) Add the meat and cook, stirring occasionally.
3) Mix mushrooms, nutmeg, basil, seasoning, and beef stock and cook well.
4) Allow to simmer and then beat in sour cream.
5) Heat gently but do not allow to boil.
6) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.