- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew With Apples And White Wine Recipe
|Lean beef||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple cider||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mixed to a paste, in 1/4 cup cold water|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mixed with flour|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.4 mg26.5%
Sodium 451.2 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef in it.
2) Transfer the meat in slow cooker along with garlic, carrots, onions, salt, and wine.
3) Stream the cider in non-stick pan, heat and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour cider over the meat in the slow cooker.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 5 hours.
6) Stir in apples and simmer for 3 hours more.
7) Spoon ¼ cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
8) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
9) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
10) Pour the gravy mixture into meat and vegetables.
11) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
12) Serve hot over the bed of rice garnished with chopped parsley if desired.