- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew the Latino Way Recipe Video
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Annatto oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Pinch|
|Stew beef||1 Pound, cubed|
|Celery stalk||2 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||4 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 436.2 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 237.4% Vitamin C 130.6%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, put oil cilantro, onion, red pepper and garlic.
2. Heat the pot on medium and cook till the onion is caramelized.
3. Add the cumin and beef cubes. Stir to mix them well in the caramelized sauce and cover with a lid.
4. Let it simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes put the celery, carrot, potatoes and peas and pour water to cover the beef and vegetables. Season with salt.
6. Bring it to boil, cover and let it simmer till the beef and vegetables are fully cooked.
7. In a serving plate, garnish the stew with cilantro and serve it with rice.