- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew - Original Italian Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine||8 Ounce|
|Meat broth||2 Pint|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.1 mg
Sodium 565.2 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by finely chopping the celery, carrot and the onion, saute them in a pan with melted butter on low heat for 10 minutes or until brown in color.
2. Remove any excess fat or gristle from the beef and coat them in flour, place it in the pan along with the sauteed vegetables.
3. Stir constantly on high heat for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
4. Once the beef is well browned add a glass of red wine and let it evaporate.
5. Add the broth just enough to cover all the meat, let it simmer on a very low flame for 1 ½ to 2 hours with the lid on, leaving a small opening.
6. The meat should be tender and the sauce should be thick, that’s when the stew will be ready to serve.
7. Serve the beef stew accompanied by a lovely potato puree as a side dish