- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew Francais Recipe
|Beef||2 Pound (Chuck Or Shoulder)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water/Consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 148.7 mg
Sodium 257.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 48 g96.7%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the meat and cut it to 1-1 ½ sized pieces.
2) Crush the garlic and mince it minutely together with salt with the aid of the flat end of a knife.
3) Take the onion and chop it.
4) Take a heavy saucepan of metal and heat up the oil in it adding the butter to it as well.
5) Put the meat into the bubbling butter and brown it nicely over high heat.
6) Take it out from the fat and keep aside.
7) Add the onions to the fat in the pan after it is removed from heat.
8) Set it on flame again and stir it over low heat coating it thoroughly with the fat.
9) Stir the flour in until it becomes brown in color.
10) Remove the pan from heat and add the tomato paste, wine and garlic together with the consommé or water.
11) Add the seasonings of pepper, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to it and boil it over medium heat.
12) Add the parsley and the meat to the pan.
13) Cover the pan and simmer for an hour or an hour and a half until the meat softens.
14) Garnish it with parsley.
15) Serve along with boiled rice or mashed potatoes.