- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew Bourguignonne Recipe
|Stewing beef||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Golden)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom pieces||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.5 mg
Sodium 950.8 mg39.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, brown the meat in oil and put the cooked meat in a slow cooker.
2) Mix the soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, pepper, carrots, onions and mushrooms together. Pour the mixture all over the meat.
3) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
4) Combine together the flour and water and stir the paste into the beef mixture. Turn the heat to high and cook and stir till the mixture is bubbly and thick.
5) Serve hot over the cooked noodles.