- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew With Brown Gravy Mix Recipe
|Stew meat||2 Pound, cubed to make 1 inch pieces|
|Stew meat||2 Pound, cubed (1 Inch)|
|Brown gravy mix with mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Celery stalks||3 , cut in pieces|
|Celery stalks||3 , cut into pieces|
|Carrots||3 Medium, cut into small chunks|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut in eights|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.2 mg
Sodium 514.8 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 64 g127.1%
Vitamin A 161.5% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2 to 3-quart casserole, place the beef cubes and sprinkle with the salt.
2) Stir the gravy mix in 1 cup water and pour over the beef.
3) Cover and cook for about 25 minutes in the microwave or until the beef is almost tender.
4) Stir in the celery, carrots and potatoes until they are covered with the gravy.
5) Add some more water for a thinner gravy and a little salt for the vegetables, if required.
6) Cover and cook in the microwave for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables and beef are tender.
7) Remove and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
8) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.