- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwaved Beef Stew With Tomato Paste Recipe
|Boneless chuck steak||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.8 mg
Sodium 404.9 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the edges from the beef meat and cut down to the desired size of 1-inch cubes.
2) Fry the cubes in hot oil till brown. Keep aside.
3) In the same oil, cook the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery for 2 minutes.
4) Add some flour and ½ cup of beef broth and mix well. Keep the mixture aside.
5) Take a 2-quart glass or ceramic casserole and add the browned cubes along with the above mixture.
6) Also add the leftover broth and required seasonings.
7) Cover the casserole with lid and cook on low heat in the microwave for 50 minutes.
8) Bring the mixture to the room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
9) Remove the vessel. Set the microwave to “Reheat Mode” and reheat for about 10 minutes.
10) After an interval of 5 minutes, rotate the dish and mix the stew well once.
11) Remove the bay leaf before serving. Serve hot.