- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Stew Recipe
|Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Light beer||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose potatoes||5 Ounce, pared, thinly sliced|
|All purpose potato||5 Ounce, pared, thinly sliced|
|Beef||1⁄2 Pound, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces, cooked|
|Cubed cooked beef||1⁄2 Pound (1/2-Inch Pieces)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg
Sodium 273.3 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 28 g56.4%
Vitamin A 204.6% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil.
2. Stir in onions and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat until onions are translucent.
3. Sprinkle flour over the cooked onion mixture and quickly combine them together; cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in beer, 1/2 cup water, the mustard, vinegar, and thyme and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low.
6. Add potato and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potato is fork tender.
7. Stir in beef, browning sauce, and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes until beef is heated through.
8. Serve immediately.