- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Steak Recipe Video
|Beef tenderloin/Beef sirloin||500 Gram, cut into large chunks|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||100 Gram, cut into strips|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.7 mg
Sodium 1343.7 mg56%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Marinade beef with soy sauce, garlic and lemon for more than an hour. Place it in a cool place.
2. Drain excess liquid of the marinated beef, strain and save it for later use.
3. In a cooking pan heat the oil. Fry the beef chunks until brown but do not overcook. Set aside when almost done to desired degree of doneness.
4. Drain off extra fat left in the cooking pan, keeping about 1/2 tablespoon. Saute garlic from the marinade and onions till lightly brown.
5. Return the cooked beef to the pan and add the reserved liquid from marinated meat and the green bell pepper strips. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve the bistek hot with cooked rice or any bread of choice.